Welcome to Sear's world - emotions, books, songs, thoughts, information.

mercoledì 8 novembre 2017

Can Emma Watson sing?

Hey there! I'm Sear and I'm very demanding for what singing in concerned. So, when I heard Emma Watson's voice in the movie "Beauty and the Beast" I was very disappointed - it's clearly auto-tuned (you can see it here too).
But I wanted to go further. I think she's such a model - she's so supportive, spontaneous, smart, open-minded... so she deserved a second opportunity! That's why I decided to wander around the web, looking for a video where I could hear her singing without autotune - and I saw I wasn't the only one.
It was very, very hard, because most of the titles are misleading: sometimes there's just a clip with Emma and she's said to be the main character in the video, just to get views. But I've found some videos which made me think there's hope.

In this first one we can hear a female's voice singing, which is said to be Emma's. Let's hear it.



Of course it's not enough, it could just be dubbed by someone else. So this is more useful [0:32 & 0:43]:


That's more explanatory, isn't it?

But I think this one is pretty telling... it's a clip from the movie "Noah", and it's described by many as the best scene there.



In this video she's very good at everything - she's acting while she's singing, too. Without music. Yeah, it's clear she can sing.


I wonder why while playing Belle somebody thought she needed to be autotuned. Wasn't she good enough? Can't a princess have a "normal" voice? But was it necessary to completely avoid showing her singing in public? You can see lots of videos where Luke and Josh are singing, but Belle has to shut up in public, as though she was a shame for the production! Or maybe Emma herself is too shy for what singing is concerned.

Anyways, I found out she sang backing vocals in some songs by Ben Hammersley (I have verified).



For the curious ones, I'm adding a short piece of a video I've found, whose artist seems to be Emma, but it's not sure.



I hope this article was useful, maybe just making you fall in love with her (even more)!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento